Here’s this week’s show. Lots of new goodies to talk about, including a new mic. The Shure mic sounded great, but I really screwed up the sound in post processing. Audacity’s Noise Removal filter made it sound like a cell phone conversation. Please forgive me – I debated about whether I should just bag the whole thing and record it again later with Brian, but decided I’d just ask your forgiveness for crapping it up, and promise it will sound much better next time.
Read on for the show notes…
Here are some links and notes for the things Brian and I talked about today:
- Got a new nice Shure 8900w microphone. Too bad I crapped up the sound for this show in post processing.
- Had lunch with Robert Scoble. Geeked out, and showed him the cool things Pocket PC can do. Don’t know about Authority, but I’ve got Passion down pat.
- Christmas in March from Amazon! iPod Shuffle, Make magazine premiere issue, Shure mic, and 4 dead tree copies of The Cluetrain Manifesto to give to people who need to read it, but aren’t inclined to read it online.
- In -depth review of the iPod Shuffle 512MB. Shout out to Major Nelson of Xbox Live, and his “blogcast”.
- What the heck happened to Ephpod’s website? You can still get to it from Archive.org. It does work with the Shuffle, with some hiccups.
- Got the first issue of Make magazine. Great DIY stuff like Kite Aerial Photography and a $14 camcorder stabilizer. I am SO going to make a desktop Gauss rifle/linear magnetic accellerator!
- What’s up with Technorati censoring their employee bloggers?
- Pocket PC Magazine is selling a CD full of 100 Pocket PC apps for $429, total “retail” value is $2315. Great if you want all of the software, but not for everyone.
- We wax philosophical on the refocus of TinyScreenfuls. We’re going to let our human voice and experience come through. We’re riding the Cluetrain! 🙂
- More video posts, like this one will be coming as I play more and more with my new DV camcorder.
Sorry again for the poor audio quality. I promise it will be better next time.