Here’s this week’s TinyPodcast. As usual, a new sound setup. I think the sound on this one is the best yet – we continue to try to make adjustments. And basically fiddle, because I’m a geek and I can’t help it.
The show this week is about 40 minutes long, and 19 MB. You can download the MP3 file directly, or subscribe to the TinyPodcast RSS feed in your favorite podcast aggregator, to get the shows delievered to you automatically.
Read on for this week’s show notes…
- YAAS: Yet Another Audio Setup. Hopefully the best sound yet.
- Jarrod reviews the Rave-MP MP3 player. Accepts SD cards, FM tuner, built-in mic. Verdict: Pretty Competent
- Yay work interuptions!
- Will be reviewing some Astraware Pocket PC games (Bejeweled 2, Zuma, etc.)
- Windows Mobile 2005 leak, and Microsoft’s missed opportunity to build on the buzz. Scoble, what do you think? Dell, please, please, PLEASE provide a WM2005 upgrade for the x50v! HP usually gives its users the finger with regard to upgrades.
- New TinyScreenfuls.com header graphic – thanks J Doss!
- New single point of email contact for us – firstname.lastname@example.org. Send feedback, audio, whatever.
- New voicemail line: 206-339-TINY
- Want a 1GB mini-SD card? kaitliac over at ArsTechnica has the hookup.
- The Engadget Podcast is back! No pt or Lenn Pryor, but Eric Rice is off to a great start.
- Solar death rays
- Congratulations to Lenn and his wife on their new baby, Blue!
- GadgetFamily moment – self serve diaper change
- 128 GB solid state storage coming? RAID of USB flash drives? (use a Mac)
- Achilles body part
- OurMedia.org launched. Host your audio, video, or whatever type of media, for free, forever. Server performance is much better today (they were getting hammered on launch day).
- Delphi MyFi XM2Go update from Kevin: built-in antenna is great, power button placement makes it prone to accidental power ons. Battery is a replaceable 2000mAh, and gets about 5 hours of life on a charge.
- Geeky microphone recommendations from Kevin, which is good, because Josh is a mic n00b
NOTE: We need to make a correction to the new feedback line phone number we talked about in the podcast. The correct number is 206-
369-339-TINY. You can also now reach us at email@example.com, which will go to both Brian and me.
Thanks for listening, and send us your feedback, even if it’s just to say Hi!