Quick inventory of the gadgets I’m carrying right now (and pretty much every day), and what I use them for. This is what I call my “standard loadout”:
- Dell Axim X50V Pocket PC – eBooks, TV shows, Rocketboom, Channel 9 videos, WiFi browsing, Skype, blogging, etc.
- Audiovox SMT5600 Windows Mobile Smartphone – Communications. Voice, email, MSN IM, Bloglines Mobile, random Google searches, etc. I’m playing with the Smartphone version of WeatherBug, and the really live weather data is extremely cool.
- Jabra BT250 Bluetooth Headset – paired to my Smartphone.
Creative Zen MicroiPod Shuffle – Podcasts. I’m sporting the Shuffle until I can replace the Zen Micro and its defective headphone jack.
- Sony MDR-EX71 headphones. The insulation has almost completely fallen off, and people point that out to me all the time. Great opportunity to tell them that this is the third pair of these to do this to me, and warn them off of this model of Sony headphones.
- Nikon Coolpix 5600 – Photos. 5 MP, tiny, great features. Goes with me everywhere.
- SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 512 MB USB flash drive – got to put my keys on something. Random storage and utilities like Portable Firefox, etc. Feels pretty much indestructable.
- Fossil Abacus MSN Direct Smart Watch – News alerts, stocks, etc. If I’m going to wear a watch, it had better do more that just tell the time. 😉
- Leatherman Wave multitool. Obstensably for working on computers, or whatever else comes up, but to be honest, I mostly use the knife on it to open UPS/FedEx/USPS packages. 🙂
Besides my wallet and a handkerchief, that’s pretty much what’s on me at any given time. Livin’ the mobile geek lifestyle – please, just don’t mug me! 😉
What’s your “standard loadout”? Do you travel light, or armed to the teeth, ready for anything? Post a comment and let us know.