Brian came over to my cube on Friday, and we took a little while to catch up from over from the holidays, and record a show. We just put the M-Audio Microtrack recorder on my desk and talked, so there’s some office background noise, but c’est la vie at Intel. Don’t miss the part where my CVS disposable video camera freaks out and starts making a loud annoying sound that we can’t stop (around the 35 minute mark). Hilarity ensues.
Some highlights of this week’s show:
- Hands-on with a Lenovo Thinkpad X41 Tablet PC
- Hands-on with my new Nintendo DS and “Malcolm”, my lab puppy in Nintendogs. We take Malcolm for a walk around the neighborhood, play at the park with other dogs, and pick up poop. Bet you never thought you’d hear that on this show.
- Waiting for Verizon Fios fiber broadband install
- Quick review of the M-Audio Microtrack recorder that I’m using to record this
- More Josh-powered podcasts coming to Intel…
- My CVS disposable digital video camera freaks out on us, making a loud squealing noise. Listen to Brian and I fumble around frantically to get the battery compartment open to pull the batteries and kill it. Comedy gold.
- Why I came in and worked on the January 2 holiday…
- Demo of the PVC marshmallow shooter I made from the HowToons comic in MAKE Magazine
Enjoy the first podcast of the new year, and let us know what you think!