Socks with Crocs?

I’m the least fashionable person in the world. Most of the time, I pay way more attentiion to function over style (cargo pants). But I have this thing for funky, unusual shoes. Usually orange. :-)

So I got an orange pair of Crocs. Apparently, they’re all the rage. They’re super comfortable, if a little funny looking.

So here’s the question: socks or not? I have pretty ugly feet, but is it more of a fashion faux pas to wear socks with Crocs? :-)

35 thoughts on “Socks with Crocs?

1. Pingback: ellybabes

2. Pingback: ellybabes

3. Pingback: ellybabes

4. Anthony says:

haha, well, i really find crocs alltogether ugly. But, for sure socks with crocs, because, ugly feet doesnt work with them..trust me =D 😛 Well, im a big fan of this site, and i enjoy your podcast and posts. just thought i would help you out on this….dilemna haha;) :p

5. As a 16 year old non-American, it may be hard for me to say…
    But I’d go with thin ankle socks, like I’d wear with my slip-on Vans, as they cover your feet, but are not big and obvious socks.

We really will be needing some pictures, Josh 😀

6. I usually don’t wear socks when I wear my Crocs. But I personally think the answer to your question is, what do you think about people who wear socks with sandals? I think the Crocs question falls in the same category. I usually don’t wear socks with sandals either, but there are times when it is cold enough in the house with the air conditioning that I put on a pair of socks, and I have gone out in public to run erands that way.

BTW, I like the Crocs when I just want to slip them on quickly and they do have a massaging affect on the feet.

7. If you’re wearing Crocs in the first place you’ve already jumped the threshold and are willing to tell to the world: “I have absolutely no fashion sense and I don’t care how I look.” So wearing socks with crocs should be the last of your concerns :)

8. I’m wearing Crocs right now. I’m also wearing socks. I don’t really think of them as sandals so much as clogs with vents, so it doesn’t bother me.

And Clint — they may be ugly but they sure are comfortable. 😉

9. I’m not afraid to admit that I wear Crocs (and have multiple pairs ~ orange, navy and dark brown). I go socks when the weather calls for it. I have never wore socks with my Crocs (I sound like Dr. Seuss, sorry!) when wearing shorts. With long pants, you can go either way. :)

I love my Crocs.. Absolutely the most comfortable pair of shoes I’ve worn. Whether they’re ugly or not, I don’t care. Personally, I like the look. :)

10. Socks with sandals of all kinds . . . meh. It works. I used to wear big-ass LL Bean wool socks with Timberland sandals. It’s sort of a West Coast thing, where West Coast = north of the Bay Area. If your feet dig it go for it.

11. Pingback: Life As Nick Starr » Socks with Crocs

12. Garret Smith says:

Those Crocs socks sure look cool in both black and white, but look somewhat “different” I might say, in different colors. Can someone get me a picture of someone wearing crocs socks? I might get a pair 😀

13. pearl says:

i’m wearing black with lime crocs right now…the scutes kind are open sandal and should not be worn with socks….but the closed and holey kind can be as long as you’re not wearing them with shorts they become more like a clog…most comfortable shoe i have ever gotten…wish the colors i had matched every thing i wear!!

14. I agree that if you’re feet aint good enough to wear ‘naked’ you should be wearing socks with your crocs…
    Funky Toe Socks preferably stripey and with many colours are the way to go with Crocs – you could even go for a bright orange pair to match your Crocs! – That will really make you stand out!

15. Ele says:

I think all of the input here is great. I wear socks with Crocs because I am not ready to give them up in the fall. Crocs are WAY too comfortable to give up until you HAVE to go too boots. They are the best shoes ever; they are so non slip that I can stand on the bow ofy my boat to clean it, and not slip off it, that is a huge deal to me. I the past it has looked like the three stooges were up on the bow slip sliding around.

16. Shirley says:

There are socks made by crocks, they are really comfortable with them too. Some have dots, that match the holes in the Crock shoes. They go up to the angle, no fold over. They allow you to wear your crocks into the winter! I love my crocks, have 5 or 6 pair!

17. tinamaria says:

NEVER ever wear socks with crocs no no no no no! I have mine on at the moment, gold ones, foot heaven! :))))

18. Pingback: Bad Mothers Club

19. Jason says:

Hey. Personally, I think Crocs look better with socks, but without socks I think they are a little (only a teensy bit) more comfortable. So, whatever your mood, I think just do whatever you like. I’m usually wearing thin socks with my Crocs, which looks good and it still keeps my feet cool.

20. Pingback: ellybabes » Fashion Faux Pas…

21. Harry Crocker says:

I’m a big fan of socks ‘n Crocs. I mean, Crocs are as ugly as they are comfortable, so who’s to make a fashion judgement? Here’s an issue for men in particular. If you wear Crocs barefoot and you have any hair on your feet (eww!) the hairs start to catch on the Croc rubber and get pulled out. For maximum comfort — if you have hairy feet — socks + Crocs is the answer.

22. Pingback: Get - Internettsøk med Google

23. Kuffsz says:

…well, i’ve just purchased my first pair of official crocs today, ….after spending hours on line last night trying to find out if they are worth the 30 bucks……or if the imitation crocs are just as good, …but apparently they are not. well, i bought a pair of red sox crocs, ….i also want a pair of black ones, but they didnt have them, …so far, yes, they are comfortable, ….and i’ll def wear all winter with socks…..a thin pair , ……to go in and out of house or store, obviously not to snow shoe or sled! …..but yeah, sock and crocs, why not? …happy crocin’

24. kaitlyn says:

Crocs with socks are totally like a no no like never. If my freinds wear socks with their crocs than I punish them make them walk in their sox while they’re with me.So if they are wearing white sox they will get their socks dirty and I put the socks in their mouth after.Talk about punishment.

25. Have you seen the socks that still allow you to slip on your Crocs. They are MOCSOCS(TM). They are so warm and let you were your Croc’s year round with out socks. They’re comfortable too! They feel like it turns your Croc into slippers.

26. Bobbysoxer says:

I love to wear Bobby socks with penny loafers or saddle shoes. I wear the thickest White wool Bobby socks all the time. I usually wear capris when I wear my socks because I want everyone to see me.

27. Have you seen the new inserts that replace socks with Crocs? They are called tabajacks and they have a botton right in the front that attaches to your Croc so that you can still slide your foot in and out with ease. they come in all different prints to match your personality. They are made of soft fleece to keep your feet warm and comfy! http://www.tabajacks.com

28. Do it. Socks only make crocs more comfortable. Of course, you’ll have to put up with the ridicule from those around you who do care about fashion.

29. kendra says:

so relieved to read these entries…..who gives a ggd whether another person wears socks with crocs…..crocs are for comfort and to correct and prevent foot problems…..no one should be made to feel bad because they wear socks with crocs….i was trying not to, but they are just more comfy sometimes with sox and better for doing yardwork in the tick infested brush etc.

30. Jack says:

I can’t believe that a socks with Crocs thread would even be discussing how they look. You’re wearing Crocs here! What’s with fashion? I don’t wear Crocs for fashion, but for comfort. They don’t say “I’m fashionable,” they say “I’m not stupid.” (Fashion and intelligence have never gone together, particularly in shoes–especially women’s shoes.) If you’re searching for a sentence that has never been truthfully spoken in the history of the world, try: “I’m an intelligent person, and I’m into fashion.” Doesn’t compute.

I was hoping that a socks with Crocs thread who center on where to find socks that will stand up to Crocs. My Crocs–and I have many pairs–chew the heel out of normal socks in nothing flat. Especially on a hike, but even just walking around. I need to find comfortable socks that wear like iron in the face of those little nubs inside my Crocs. Anybody know of any?

31. Kells says:

i was actually wondering this same thing…idc if its stupid or not 2 wear crocs but alotta ppl wear them so it is almost like a fashion thing now and i always wondered if u should wear socks w/ them or not, especially since i got a cool pair of green crocs myself