Microposts

Josh’s Lifelog for 2009-09-23

  • RT @isntv: Good morning fans! Our show hosts are busy at #IDF09, so no live episodes today. But stay tuned this week for news from IDF! #
  • Excited to check out Chase Jarvis's "Best Camera" iPhone app/book/community. Sounds like it might replace a bunch of stuff in my toolkit. #
  • #IDF09 keynotes are starting. My boss, @billpearson, is there and livetweeting. Our team has a vested interest in one of the announcements. #
  • Also livetweeting the IDF keynote are @amybarton, @ajaymungara, and our group account, @intelsoftware. #
  • Here's a Twitter search I'm using to follow the IDF keynote news in real time: http://j.mp/WGl09 #
  • Here's a post I put up on Intel Software Network where I'll be collecting the good stuff from IDF liveblogging/tweeting: http://j.mp/OrsjE #
  • @IntelNick @billpearson The IDF Press Room will only have keynotes 24 hours after they're presented. Sadly, not live. http://bit.ly/2Y2Q74 #
  • Looks like Steve @chippy Paine is doing some liveblogging (with photos) from the IDF keynotes: http://j.mp/qfo0v #IDF09 #
  • The secret project our team has been working on for months breaks cover: the Intel Atom Developer Program. http://appdeveloper.intel.com #
  • I keep standing up and wanting to celebrate the appdeveloper.intel.com announcement with everyone, but they're all in San Francisco! :-) #
  • RT @chippy @MIDMoves: New post: Moblin 2.1 for Handhelds. Demo video #idf09 (http://cli.gs/QyHJ6) #
  • RT @IntelSoftware: Press release on Intel Atom Developer Program: http://j.mp/iadppr Note MS Silverlight, Adobe AIR, Acer, Asus, and Dell. #
  • RT @IntelSoftware: See Intel Atom Developer Program Videos at: http://bit.ly/takefive. YouTube: http://bit.ly/AtomAppVids #dev4atom #idf09 #
  • In other news this morning, Google added Push Gmail to Google Sync for iPhone and other devices. Playing with it now. http://bit.ly/OUuRq #
  • Push mail with Google Sync works on my iPhone, but it feels slower than IMAP. Maybe it's just the initial sync. Or maybe they're hammered. #
  • With Gmail push configured on my iPhone, I can see my list of folders/labels as Mailboxes, but can't see the contents of any of them. #
  • Gmail push iPhone battery test fencepost: at 12:04PM, battery is at 87%. #
  • Hey, send me some email to help me test iPhone Gmail push. Make it interesting, like your favorite iPhone app. :-) jabancroft@gmail.com #
  • I hope Gmail push over Google Sync gets faster soon. I'm not able to actually download the content of my messages. Times out. #feh #
  • iPhone Gmail battery push fencepost: at 1PM, battery is at 77% (down from 87% at 12PM, but I've been doing other stuff with it, too). #
  • iPhone Gmail battery push fencepost: A little after 2PM, 62% (was 77% at 1PM, 87% at 12PM when I started) #
  • Google acknowledges that sync/push is overloaded and running slowly (like we suspected). They're working on it. http://bit.ly/3Z49lo #
  • @SarahCofer lots of free Kindle books on the Bestseller list: http://bit.ly/2bFyc3 TONS more here: http://bit.ly/lPOt6 Hard to sift, though. in reply to SarahCofer #
  • @SarahCofer Try browsing a genre you're interested on the Kindle store (desktop browser), then sort by Price: Low to High or Bestselling. in reply to SarahCofer #
  • iPhone Gmail battery push fencepost: A little after 3PM, 56% remaining (was 62% at 2PM, 77% at 1PM, 87% at 12PM when I started) #
  • RT @IntelSoftware: Follow the Intel Atom Developer Program on Twitter: @develop4atom #idf09 #dev4atom #
  • iPhone Gmail battery push fencepost: A little after 4PM, 44% remaining (was 56% at 3PM, 62% at 2PM, 77% at 1PM, 87% at 12PM when I started) #
  • At 4:19PM, 4+ hours after I started my Gmail push battery experiment at 87%, I'm at %39, and I give up. I'm charging now to last the day. #
  • @kentgiard In all fairness, I can't say that push Gmail drains my battery *that* much faster. I use the heck out of my iPhone anyway. :-) in reply to kentgiard #
  • @kentgiard I need a couple days of normal usage, with the servers working well, to really get a feel one way or another. in reply to kentgiard #
  • Gmail push seems to be working a bit better tonight. Viewing folders sorta works now. #
  • Was there an earthquake in NW Oregon? Our hanging pots and pans were swaying… #
  • Of course, that sent me off looking for earthquake apps. iFeltThat looks nice. And the Seismometer app would be plain fun to play with. :-) #
  • @jezlyn See http://bit.ly/KLi7I and http://thebestcamera.com for more on the app, book, and community. #
Standard